NATIONAL INSTITUTION FOR THE ORGANISATION OF EXHIBITIONS, CONGRESSES AND CULTURAL EVENTS
- You are here: Home > 80th TIF: Bridging the past, the present and the future
You are here
80th TIF: Bridging the past, the present and the future
This year's anniversary 80th TIF will prove itself worthy of its 80-year history, as it managed, in the midst of difficult circumstances, to attract approximately 1,000 exhibitors and 13 official international participations, and to cover more exhibition space than last year.
During today's Press Conference on the 80th TIF, held under the gaze of the 'Enchanted' statutes in Pavilion 3, officially presented for the first time, the celebratory character of this year's TIF was underlined, as it harmoniously combined business, culture, recreation and social solidarity.
Exhibitor participation in the 80th TIF is almost equal to last year's attendance, while the exhibition space covered is greater than in 2014, with 26,624 sq.m. as compared to 25,931 sq.m. There are 13 official international participations, coming from Cyprus, Armenia, Slovakia, Indonesia, South Africa, Luxembourg, Vietnam, Thailand, FYROM, Russia, Azerbaijan, India and Poland.
The 80th TIF will be inaugurated tomorrow, Friday, 4 September, at 20:00 by the President of the Republic, Mr Prokopis Pavlopoulos, at 'I. Vellidis' Congress Centre. An hour earlier, at 19.00, the Prime Minister, Mrs Vassiliki Thanou, will inaugurate the exhibition of the 'Enchanted' at Pavilion 3 of Thessaloniki International Exhibition Centre.
The President of TIF-Helexpo, Mr Tassos Tzikas, stressed the dynamism that TIF has acquired in the past two years, making every effort to prevent cancellations in the midst of capital controls and to ensure significant numbers at the 80th TIF. At the same time, he underlined the support of the Chambers and the close cooperation with the Union of Hellenic Chambers. He also noted the top moment of the Fair, the arrival of the 'Enchanted' statues to their birthplace.
"We will be opening all the Pavilions. The Fair is greater than ever before and will go exceedingly well. Every night at TIF will be a party", noted the CEO of TIF-Helexpo, Mr Kyriakos Pozrikidis. In reference to the difficult times in the history of TIF, he stressed that there have been much greater obstacles in its past, stating that the Fair will continue, unwavering and faithful to its heritage.
The Deputy Minister of Interior and Administrative Reconstruction (Macedonia-Thrace), Mr Filippos Tsalidis, declared his support for this year's TIF, which, in his words, will make a difference. "The Ministry will stand by the efforts made by the national exhibition agency to keep the flag flying for the best-loved institution in Thessaloniki and beyond", he stated.
The CEO of OLTH SA, Mr Dimitris Makris, announced the decision to provide 5 stremmas (app. 1.24 acres) on the 2nd Pier of the Port of Thessaloniki for the free parking of visitors to the 80th TIF, who will be transported to the Fair using vehicles situated there. Mr Makris expressed his support for all the endeavours of the national exhibition agency.
The Vice-President of TIF-Helexpo, Mr Kostas Dimou, underlined the breath of air that TIF provides for the economy of Thessaloniki, while the Deputy General Director of the national exhibition agency, Mr Alexis Tsaxirlis, stressed that with the help of the good weather and according to the messages received by the Fair so far, visitor numbers are expected to meet or even surpass last year's levels.
The 80th TIF is hosting 14 thematic events that cover every aspect of domestic production and entrepreneurship. As for the remaining 'menu', it includes:
- The exhibition titled 'The most important inventions of the ancient Greeks' from the 'Kostas Kotsanas' Museum of Ancient Greek Technology, to be hosted in Pavilion 3 until 5 January 2016.
- The Choco Factory and Museum, which will open its doors once more during TIF for the young and older friends of chocolate.
- Concerts every night at the YMCA arch stage, where Greek music stars will give it all they have.
- The Theatre Festival for Children and Adolescents, during which amateur troupes will compete for the first time, staging children's theatre performances.
- The Music Band Festival, which is being held for the 3rd consecutive year and will feature bands presenting their work.
- Cheapart, which will host original works by dozens of artists that can be purchased by TIF visitors at very affordable prices.
- e-GAMING, the largest gaming event held in the Balkans, which will take place in Pavilion 17.
- The collection of racing cars from the 'Hellenic Motor Museum', which belongs to the Theodoros Haragionis Foundation, AOTH (Thessaloniki Motor Club) and the private collection of Mr Elias Loggos.
- The 'DETH-ite' initiative with volunteering and a blood drive.
- The 1st 'MYSTICON' Thessaloniki Mystery Festival, an entertaining escape and role-playing game that will reward participants with three days of mystery and interaction, in cooperation with the Tourism Department of the Municipality of Thessaloniki.
As regards the pricing policy, the general admission will be 3 euros on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and the family ticket will cost 10 euros. On the remaining days, general admission will be 5 euros and the family ticket will cost 15 euros. For multi-member families and disabled persons, admission will be 3 euros regardless of the day. At the same time, anyone who is 80 years old or was born in 1980 can enjoy free admission to this year's TIF.
The official bank is the National Bank of Greece.
The major event of the arrival of the 'Enchanted' is being held under the auspices of the Ministry of Interior & Administrative Reconstruction, the Ministry of Culture, Education & Religious Affairs and the Municipality of Thessaloniki, and is supported by Thessaloniki Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Thessaloniki Port Authority, the Professionals' Chamber of Thessaloniki and Thessaloniki Water Supply & Sewerage Co.
The concerts (Music Events Live) are being co-organised by TIF-Helexpo and 95.1 Cosmoradio, as well as Ecopolis Cultural Actions. The hospitality sponsor of the concerts is Grand Hotel Palace, the sponsor of the parallel events is THESgala, while thanks are given to the Traders' Association of Thessaloniki and Egnatia Odos SA for their support