George Drakopoulos is the President & CEO of tourism generis, a company that supports decision-makers in tourism.
- planning and development for tourist destinations and businesses
- lobbying for Tourism
- Public Private Partnerships for tourist promotion
- various positions in hotels in Greece (1981-1993)
- Greek Tourism Confederation-SETE, as Project Manager (1994-1997) and then as Director General (1997-2014)
- Counselor in the European Economic and Social Committee (2010-2015)
- Chairman of the Affiliate Members of the UNWTO (2012-2013)
Since 2014, he is Special Adviser to the Secretary General of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) in PPP (Public Private Partnerships).
In 2015, he founded tourism generis.
He has delivered speeches and presentations in more than 330 national and international conferences, while he has produced 40 studies / publications and 700 articles about Tourism.
He holds a MSc in Tourism Studies from the University of Surrey, UK. He has also studied Tourism Management, TEI Athens, GR and trained in Hotel Management in Glion, CH.