China as the Honoured Country at the 82nd TIF
China meets Greece in Thessaloniki, the heart of Balkan exhibition activities, at the 82nd TIF, held from 9 to 17 September 2017. The 82nd TIF is giving Greek companies an opportunity for cooperation, information and ventures in general regarding China, allowing them to lay the groundwork for the conclusion of commercial partnerships in both directions.
China can serve as a driving force for Greek entrepreneurship in the markets of Asia.
A substantial presence covering over 6,000 square meters in the largest pavilion (13) of Thessaloniki International Exhibition Centre, participants include wholly Chinese enterprises and organisations representing major sectors of the Chinese economy of great interest to Greek companies. These include seven with extensive global activities: China Cosco Shipping Corporation, China Development Bank, Shehua Group Corporation Limited, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, Zhongxing Telecommunication Equipment Corporation, State Grid Corporation of China and Air China.
Another standout in the field of technology is the ZTE telecommunications company, while 23 high-tech companies from the Shanghai region will also be participating. The Fair will also feature the China Development Bank-CDB, one of the largest developmental financial foundations in the world.
B2B meetings between Greek and Chinese enterprises will take place throughout the duration of the Fair during its working hours, during its working hours, at a specially created space within Pavilion 15.
For the development of bilateral relations, an electronic platform has been created (https://thessalonikifair-2017.b2match.io/) where enterprises that wish to participate in the bilateral meetings can register on the platform, posting their profile and the type of partnership they are seeking, requesting meetings with other participants.
Furthermore, within the context of the Chinese participation, a number of investments fora will be held at Thessaloniki International Exhibition Centre:
- On 9 September, the Greek-Chinese Cooperation Forum will be held on: ‘Investment Οpportunities in Southeastern Europe: Trends and Challenges in the Energy Sector’, jointly organised by the Public Power Corporation (DEI) and the Institute of Energy of South East Europe (ΙΕΝΕ).
- On 10 September, a colloquium by the Greek-Chinese Cooperation Forum will be held on: ‘Οne Belt one Road’, jointly organised with the Athens - Macedonian News Agency (APE-MPE), under the auspices of the President of the Republic, Mr Prokopis Pavlopoulos.
- On 10 September, the China Council For The Promotion Of International Trade will organise a forum titled: ‘Coal Green Mining, Coal-Fired Power, Clean Energy and new Energy Technology forum’.
- On 11 September, within the context of the Greek-Chinese Cooperation Forum, the Enterprise Greece Organisation of the Ministry of Economy and Development, and the Eurasian Economic Commission will jointly organise an Economic and Investment forum titled: ‘A New Bridge for Cooperation & Development’.
- On 12 September, the Greek-Chinese Cooperation Forum will be held on: ‘Exports of agri-nutritional products to Asian markets’, jointly organised with the Central Market and Fishery Organisation.
- On 15 September, the topic of the Forum will be: ‘One Belt – One Road: China and the balance of European interests’, jointly organised with the BALKANS & BLACK SEA COOPERATION FORUM.
- On 16 September, the Greek-Chinese Cooperation Forum will focus on culture, organising a relevant colloquium in cooperation with Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- As for the cultural part, the Beijing Sports University Art Troupe (BSU Art Troupe), one of the best martial arts troupes in China, will give an impressive performance during the 82nd TIF.
As for the cultural part, the Beijing Sports University Art Troupe (BSU Art Troupe), one of the best martial arts troupes in China, will given an impressive performance during the 82nd TIF.