The largest Zootechnia in years from 2 to 5 February in Thessaloniki
Tuesday, 17 January, 2017
The most important meeting place of the livestock and poultry sector will be the 10th Zootechnia International Fair, organised by TIF-Helexpo at Thessaloniki International Exhibition Centre from 2 to 5 February.
This year's Zootechnia will be one of the largest fairs of the recent past regarding this sector, as it will feature 900 exhibitors and exceed the participation levels of all past events.
In fact, the Fair will be deployed to one additional pavilion, while one of its noteworthy figures is that indirect exhibitors will be coming from 38 countries and direct exhibitors from 11 (this is the first time Zootechnia will feature such a large number of direct exhibitors from other countries).
All categories of livestock and poultry products and services will be represented at the fair, while the arrival of visitor delegations from all over Greece, Balkans, Cyprus, etc. has been scheduled.
Zootechnia includes the Horse Show and the Pet Festival, two events that have been renewed and embellished with far more numerous exhibits than during past fairs.
Moreover, the fair will feature numerous side events, including:
- 'Research and innovation in mechanical milking and application of new technologies in livestock production'. This event is being jointly held by TIF-Helexpo and the Laboratory of Animal
- Husbandry of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- 'The Contribution of Livestock Production to the Growth of our National Economy' - a colloquium jointly organised by TIF-Helexpo and the Hellenic Society of Animal Production (EZE).
- 'Reduction of the environmental footprint of livestock holdings' - an event jointly organised by TIF-Helexpo and the Centre for Research & Technology Hellas (EKETA) and the Institute for Research & Technology of Thessaly (IETETH).
- 'Meat and Products Thereof' (Pan-Hellenic Congress), jointly organised by TIF-Helexpo and 'Meat News' and held under the auspices of the Ministry of Rural Development and Food, the Region of Central Macedonia, the Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society, the Hellenic Veterinary Association, the Food Technology Department of TEI Athens and the National Inter-Professional Organisation of Meat.
- The 6th Pan-Hellenic Conference of Animal Production Technology.
- A colloquium titled 'New Threats for Greek Livestock Production', being held by the Hellenic Veterinary Association.
It should be noted that Zootechnia is being supported by the most important agencies of the sector, namely the Association of Manufacturers of Agricultural Machinery of Greece, the Hellenic Feed Industry Association and the Machinery Importers' - Representatives' Association.