NATIONAL INSTITUTION FOR THE ORGANISATION OF EXHIBITIONS, CONGRESSES AND CULTURAL EVENTS
- You are here: Home > ΔΕΛΤΙΟ ΤΥΠΟΥ STREET ART FESTIVAL
You are here
ΔΕΛΤΙΟ ΤΥΠΟΥ STREET ART FESTIVAL
More than 200 artists, musicians, dancers, graffiti, comic or animation artists, visual artists and many others from every corner of the planet are going to meet on June 15 & 16 at the Street Art Festival (SAF), the largest youth festival of Thessaloniki and a major one in the Balkans. For two days, at Thessaloniki International Exhibition Centre, under the organizational care of the SAF and TIF-HELEXPO teams, this different type of festival is bringing the pulse of street art to the city, combining an explosive potpourri of live music, dance, visual art interventions, live graffiti and extreme sports in a climate of joy and creative fun. Youth and freedom of expression will paint the city alive and turn it into an incubator of ideas, a venue of socio-artistic fermentation.
This is the third Street Art Festival and will include:
- 24 hours of live music with an great line up: 12os Pithikos, Asteria tou Vorra, Rodes United, and the historical Active Member at the conclusion of their career, the American legends of Hip Hop Sick Jacken (Psycho Realm), Slaine (La Coka Nostra) and, finally, hip hop funkers Herbaliser Full Band, are some of the names to share the same stage, for the first time in Greece, at this year’s SAF.
- More than 50 graffiti/street artists, creating over 100 metres of wall, live.
- Seminars and workshops for comic book and sculpted figure, Animation, Beatmaking-DJ Scratching, Skate, Inline, and BMX fans.
- A unique presentation by the innovative 3D pen that has fired the imagination of anyone who has ever seen it! For the first time in Greece!
- Eight eminent dance teachers from Greece and abroad, offering seminars in voguing, waacking, new style, hip hop and dancehall.
- 11 outstanding dance groups to present their prize-winning choreographies in a unique live dance show.
At the two previous events, more than 40 world acclaimed artists, 30 of the freshest music groups of the country, fearless young fans of extreme sports and more than 15,000 visitors met, collaborated, and were moved by each other’s work. Moreover, world acclaimed, prize winning street dance schools from Greece brought the rhythm and pace of Las Vegas to the stage of the Street Art Festival.
Alexandros Marantelos is the Project Manager/Creative Director of the event.
SAF tickets are sold in advance at the following sale points:
Underground (Navarinou Square)
Arthouse Gallery Bar
Academy of Dance
Small cafe Bar, Kalamaria